. Finger millet .
Also known as African finger millet, red millet and ragi, are the oldest food and first cereal grain used for domestic purpose. Finger millet is originally native to the Ethiopian highlands and was introduced into India approximately 4000 years ago. They can be grown in dry weather; can withstand severe drought conditions and adaptable to higher elevations. These are short duration, ready to harvest as little in 65 day and can be easily grown throughout the year. It is highly grown crops among all small millets. It is rich source of protein and minerals in comparison to all other cereals and millets. It contains important amino acids. It has the highest amount of calcium (344 mg) and potassium (408 mg). It is beneficial for individuals with low haemoglobin levels as it is great source of iron.
- Finger millet is an excellent source of natural calcium which helps in strengthening bones for growing children and aging people. Regular consumption of finger millet is good for bone health and keeps diseases such as osteoporosis at bay and could reduce risk of fracture.
- It is now established that phytates, polyphenols and tannins can contribute to antioxidant activity of the millet foods, which is an important factor in health, aging and metabolic diseases.
- Because of its high nutritional content ragi flour is recommended as a weaning food.
- Finger millet is a very good source of natural Iron and its consumption helps in recovery of Anemia. The Ragi based foods are highly suited for expectant mothers and elderly due to there high calcium and iron content.
- Finger millet consumption helps in relaxing body naturally. It is beneficial in conditions of anxiety, depression and insomnia. It is also useful for migraines.
. Pearl Millet .
Pearl Millet, Nature’s Nutrient Powerhouse!
Discover the nutritional marvel of Pearl Millet at our online store. Also known as Bajra, Pearl Millet is a versatile and gluten-free cereal that packs a punch of essential nutrients. Its tiny pearls hold the secret to a healthy lifestyle.
- Rich in Fiber: Promotes digestive health and keeps you feeling full longer.
- High in Protein: Ideal for vegetarians seeking a protein boost.
- Packed with Vitamins and Minerals: A source of iron, magnesium, and B vitamins.
- Low Glycemic Index: Helps manage blood sugar levels.
Explore our curated selection of millets and cereals to elevate your diet. Incorporate the goodness of Pearl Millet into your meals today!
Diverse Culinary Uses: Pearl millet can be used in various culinary applications. It’s a staple in many traditional dishes, including flatbreads like roti and bhakri, porridge, and even in soups and stews.
- Gluten-Free Alternative: It’s an excellent choice for individuals with gluten sensitivities or celiac disease, as it’s naturally gluten-free.
- Rich in Nutrients: Pearl millet is a nutritional powerhouse, packed with essential vitamins and minerals, including B vitamins, magnesium, and iron, promoting overall health.
- Fiber-Rich: High dietary fiber content aids digestion, helps maintain healthy blood sugar levels, and supports weight management.
- Energy Boost: It provides a sustained energy release, making it an ideal choice for athletes and those with active lifestyles.
- Drought-Resistant Crop: Pearl millet is well-suited to arid regions and can grow in conditions where other crops may fail, contributing to food security.
- Animal Feed: It’s used as livestock feed, promoting healthy and robust livestock farming.
- Flour and Baking: Ground into flour, pearl millet can be used to make nutritious baked goods like muffins, pancakes, and cookies.
- Brewing: In some cultures, pearl millet is used in the production of traditional alcoholic beverages.
- Gluten-Free Beer: Breweries are increasingly using pearl millet to create gluten-free beer, catering to those with gluten sensitivities.
Sorghum Millet – Nutrient-Rich and Versatile
Discover the wholesome goodness of Sorghum Millet at our online store. Sorghum Millet, also known as “jowar,” is a nutritious ancient grain packed with health benefits. It’s gluten-free, making it an excellent choice for those with dietary restrictions. This versatile millet can be used in a variety of culinary creations, from porridge to flatbreads and even in gluten-free baking. Rich in essential nutrients like fiber, vitamins, and minerals, Sorghum Millet promotes heart health, aids digestion, and provides sustained energy. Add this grain to your diet for a healthy twist. Buy now and savor the goodness!
“Sorghum millet, a versatile grain, holds numerous uses and applications for health-conscious consumers. Rich in fiber, it aids digestion and promotes a feeling of fullness. Its gluten-free nature makes it ideal for those with gluten sensitivities. Sorghum flour can be used in baking, creating gluten-free bread, cakes, and pancakes. In traditional cuisines, it’s a key ingredient for porridge, flatbreads, and various savory dishes. As a nutritious component in breakfast bowls, salads, and soups, sorghum millet offers a wholesome dining experience. It’s a sustainable and valuable addition to a balanced diet, catering to a growing demand for healthy alternatives.”